Daria's World - blog about people and things that matter the most

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Oberkreiner Club

The OBERKREINER CLUB has been around for more than ten years. They call themselves "Friends of Slovenia"
in Slovenian: "Prijatelji od Slovenije"
in German: "Freunden von Slowenien"

 

The Oberkreiner Club organizes trips to popular polka events and the next one they are going to join is "23. Alpski večer" in Bled, Slovenia
- on May 9 of 2009.

I don't know what the official English title for the "Alpski večer" event is - or if the organizers even have one. All I can tell you is that "Alpski večer" translates to "An Evening in Alps." It means a lot of great live polka bands music, dancing and everything else Slovenia and Lake Bled has to offer, including Bled's unforgettable desert - the famous cream slice: "kremšnita" or cream cake.


More than nine million sweet moments: Bled Cream Cakes
The newly renovated Park Hotel has been widely reknown as the home of the only original Bled "kremšnita", "kremna rezina" or cream cake. During the summer of 2006, the nine millionth slice of "kremšnita" has been served to a lucky visitor.

The original Park cream cake can be enjoyed at the Park and Golf hotels, the Park Café and the Rikli Restaurant & Pizzeria.

Yummi "Park Cream Cake"

"The next 4 hours in afternoon, I spent my time in the cake shop in Hotel Park to wait for no raining. Thanks Tina for introducing me the shop, otherwise I won't have a chance to enjoy such a delicious cake."
Photo Yummi "Park Cream Cake" and comment above - courtesy of 29cm


***

1 comment:

  1. Hi there
    I was a member of that club while I lived in Switzerland. Now I moved to the US (Wisconsin). I am a musician myself and played in a several Oberkrainer bands in Europe. Are there some Oberkrainer-Bands or Musicians in the States? I would be interested in any kind of contact...

    ReplyDelete

May you be happy, healthy,
wealthy and safe.
May you live with ease.

Powered by WebRing.